We use Stripe as our payment processor, here are some answers to common questions about Stripe.
Why do we use Stripe?
- We use Stripe because it is the global leader in online payment processing. It is used by a wide range of companies to offer fast, secure payments at an affordable price. Stripe has processed billions of dollars in payments for customers like Target, OpenTable, and Xero to name a few.
- Source: https://stripe.com/customers
Is Stripe secure?
- Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry.
- Source: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe
Does Stripe encrypt credit card information?
- Yes. All card numbers are encrypted with AES-256.
- Source: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe#encryption
How much does Stripe charge?
- 2.9% + 30 cents for each charge across all types of cards, including American Express.
- Source: https://stripe.com/pricing
When do I get my money?
- About 2 business days. Payouts default to daily, but you can also do weekly, monthly and manual payouts.
- Source: https://stripe.com/docs/payouts#2-day
How do I process refunds?
- You can easily send refunds from within your Perfect Venue dashboard. When you change a booking status to canceled, it will automatically ask you if you’d like to refund all or part of the initial payment.
Why do we use Stripe instead of other processors like Square?
- Although many processors offer online payments, Stripe was built primarily for secure online payments. Stripe uses advanced technology like Radar (for free) to ensure merchants maximize the number of payments from legitimate customers - which puts more money in your bank account.
- Source: https://stripe.com/radar