The Event Organizers's Guide to Permission Click
Part 2 of 3
Creating Your First Form
The time has come to set up your form. First, select 'New Form' on the main dashboard. From there, here are a few ways to build your first form:
- Indicate who will be completing your form. Is it a parent for a child, or can anyone respond to your form?
2. Name your form. Don’t worry, you can change it later if you want to.
3. Add 'Event Dates' (if applicable). If it's an event you are planning, you can add the dates to your form. 'Event dates' will show parents what day your event will begin and end (a one day event will have the same start and end date).
'Response cut-off date' is optional and will ensure parents can no longer respond once this date is reached.
4. Enter 'Form Information'. Copy and paste important information from an existing document or type something in yourself. If you would prefer to upload an existing PDF file, you may skip this step and move onto number 5.
5. Include attachments and/or links. Have a packing list for the trip or a policy you want to make parents aware of? Upload information that may be supplementary to what you wrote in the 'Form Information' section above, or if you check off the little box that says 'primary' once your file is uploaded, it will become the main screen of information for parents to view.
6. Build 'Questions for Parents'. Questions you want the respondent/parent to fill out, if a parent is filling out the form for two or more children, they will only be asked these questions once. Examples) Recruiting parent volunteers, collecting emergency contact information, etc...
IMPORTANT TIP!: When building your questions there is NO need to build in a request for a signature / consent, that (along with a few other fields shown below) will always automatically be the FIRST part of your form.
7. Build 'Questions About Each Child'. If you have questions you want the respondent/parent to answer about their children, you can build them in this section of your form Examples) Home room number, grade, allergies, date of birth, etc...
8. Collect Payments. If your form requires payment (for a field trip, lunch, athletic fee, etc.) you can add in a paid ticket. Open tickets are great for collecting donations, and free tickets are great when no payments are necessary but you want respondents to reserve a spot.
Read more about ticketing and payment options here.
9. Message to Respondents. Send a message to parents when they complete your form.
10. Settings options on the bottom of the screen (see below). You can edit the supervisors (add another teacher, etc, to your form), and toggle on or off the three options below.
11. Preview as Parent to give it one final look over.
12. Submit for Approval!
TIP! If approval workflows are turned off in your account settings, no approval is required, therefore this button will not appear on your screen. Instead, to collect your form link, click 'Publish Form' in the top right hand corner of your screen.
You're done creating your form! Read our next guide to see how to send out your form and start collecting responses.
6 Smart Ways to Use Permission Click
- Field Trips - Organize class trips and collect permission and admission fees from parents
- Meal Programs - Parents can purchase milk tickets or pay for lunch program supervision online
- Athletic Programs - Game time! Collect signups and registration fees for your whole team
- Music Programs - Ticket sales for band concerts, uniform fees, and instrument rental fees
- Graduation - Collect yearbook orders, student photos & quotes, and fundraise for grad!
- Student Fees - Collect school registrations, student fees, and school supply fees all at once
Just because it’s not on the list doesn’t mean you can’t do it. If you have a paper form, odds are you can digitize it (and your process) with Permission Click!
There’s a world of possibilities with Permission Click. Whether you need a hand exploring possibilities or still have questions, we’re here for you. Permission Click has a wealth of information in our Online Knowledge Base or click 'Contact' in the bottom right hand corner of your Permission Click screen to connect with our team directly.