Tackling a big problem in its entirety creates a huge cognitive load on our brain. By breaking down the problem, solvers can focus on parts the problem and later assemble the components to see the big picture.
TIP: Components are typically nouns, like a chemical compound or a story character.
How to create a component:
Select the component button from the Operations palette. That will immediately open the components editing box.
2. Then start creating your component
3. Enter the component's name and upload an image.
Click Next when you're done.
4. Add text, and supporting media.
5. You can add multiple items (characteristics) to a component. To add more items, press the 'Add Item' button.
Click Save when you've completed the component.
NOTE: Text should describe the component’s defining feature.
NOTE: Examples of supporting media include images, video, and audio).
6. The component and its defining features will appear in the Workspace.
How to remove a component from the workspace:
Click the three dots or right-click the component and select Archive object.
NOTE: Removing a component from the workspace does not permanently remove it, but rather stores it in the Archive. The component can be reinstated by accessing the archive in the content library (Search window).
TIP: Learn more about how to break up a problem into components.