In order to install the Linux Pulseway agent on your monitored systems and then register it with your Pulseway server please follow these basic instructions:
1. Open terminal (ssh connection will work too) and download the Linux installer using following command (please download the package which is supported on your system):
2. Alternatively, if your Operating System is working on a 32-bit architecture:
3. Start the installation process:
dpkg -i pulseway_x64.deb or dpkg -i pulseway_x86.deb
4. Then in order to register the Pulseway agent on this system with your Pulseway server, you will need to run this executable: pulseway-registration
When prompted to enter the server name, type in the Server Name (ex: demo.pulseway.com - without https://).
This executable should already be added to the path on your system, therefore you should be able to run it from any place, however, if that doesn't work, then you will find it in the following folder /usr/sbin/
5. If the Pulseway service is not started automatically, then please run the following command:
sudo service pulseway start
6. In order to configure the Pulseway agent on the Ubuntu system, open the config.xml file on the system for editing using your favorit text editor (vim, nano, etc.) and edit it according to requirements:
Once the customisation is completed you will need to restart the Pulseway service to load the new config file.
sudo service pulseway restart
Should you have any further questions regarding this please contact support at email@example.com