You need to load students into Quick Key in order to use it.
Quick Key is all about using data to improve student engagement and achievement, and that means Quick Key is all about students!
There are 3 Ways to load student rosters:
Google Classroom, PowerSchool, and Uploading a Spreadsheet
- Upload a spreadsheet: https://youtu.be/gH6mriGKewE
- Google Classroom Sync: https://youtu.be/KqCpmbp-Ejo
- PowerSchool Sync: https://youtu.be/dXWcmuf_0zg
Upload a roster spreadsheet: Step by Step
TIME TO DO THIS: About 5 minutes once you have a list of your students.
Step 1: Download the Import Template
Step 2: Once you have the template, you want to add your student information. We strongly recommend you include a Course assignment for each student.
When you are done adding your info to the Import Template, it should look something like this:
Understanding the import template
Some fields are more important than others. Here is what you need to know:
- First Name: Please only put the first name of the student here
- Last Name: Please only put the last name of the student here
- Email: Many of Quick Key's coolest new features use student email. Include it! We won't share it, and we follow COPPA and FERPA best practices.
- Student ID: this is for Quick Key use only, and if you don't include one, Quick Key will make it for you. If in doubt, leave it blank!
- External ID: put each student's district ID into this field. You will use it to send scores and other data to your school's electronic grade book or Google Classroom.
- Course Assignment: perhaps the MOST IMPORTANT of all the fields. Include the Course assignment now, because otherwise it will take a long time to build your courses in the app.
Step 3: Upload your Spreadsheet
Now you are ready to upload your spreadsheet. Our Wizard will help you, and it's pretty simple. Here's how you do it:
- login to Quick Key at www.quickkeyapp.com.
- Press "Students" in the left menu
- Press "Upload Class Rosters"
- Press "Browse for File" and find your spreadsheet file (don't forget to save it first!)
- Use the Wizard to map your columns to the column headings in the Wizard. If you are using the Import Template, they should already match.
- Press "Import Students"
AND YOU'RE DONE!
Don't forget, you can always get help by clicking the little green circle in the bottom right corner of the screen.