The Google Forms Grader by Quick Key is a new app that lets you work with Google Forms and Quick Key together to take advantage of Quick Key features like PowerSchool and PowerTeacher integration, reporting, and the new powerful features coming in Fall 2017.
Get started with Forms Grader
- You need to add the Quick Key Add-on from your Google Form Page by clicking the Forms menu on the top right corner of the Forms page, or at this link.
- Once you add the Forms Grader Add-On, you will need to click on it from your Google Form to first "Configure" (tell Google Forms what Quick Key account they will be importing data into), and then "Import" (tell the Forms Grader the answer key for the form).
- !!! Important reminder about student email and rosters !!! Remember that at this point student submissions to the form will only go into Quick Key if the email used by the student to fill out the Google Form is also in the student's record in the Quick Key roster.
- Build your Google Form as you would normally do, and then click Forms Grader > Import to put in your answer key and import the form (and any pre-existing student responses) into Quick Key.
- HERE IS THE ONE CONFUSING PART: After you have set the answer key for your Forms Quiz and click "Next" the dialog will show you a button that says "Choose Courses." When you click this, you will be taken to the new quiz creation screen. This is correct. create a new Quiz (you can name it the same name as your Google Form), and choose which courses to use it with. Press Save. Now your results will go into QK.
This Tutorial Video walks you through the Steps:
This video (with captions) shows how to turn a Google Form into a Quick Key Quiz. If you use Google Classroom and your school uses PowerSchool and PowerTeacher Pro Grade Book, you are in for a treat!
Goes beyond other Forms Graders… and it’s FREE 🙂
If you have used a tool like Flubaroo before, then you know what this is all about. Like Flubaroo, Google Forms Grader by Quick Key lets you set up an answer key and then automatically score Google Forms as if they were quizzes. I said it before and I’ll say it again: Google Forms Grader by Quick Key is FREE and it works with all versions of Quick Key, including the free version for teachers. Boom.
Connects your PowerSchool with your Google Classroom and your Google Forms
Since Quick Key can roster with PowerSchool and send grades to PowerTeacher GradeBook and PowerTeacher Pro, using the Google Forms Grader you can now work seamlessly between PowerSchool and Google Classroom.
Turns Google Forms into Quick Key Quizzes
Unlike Flubaroo, however, Google Forms Grader by Quick Key turns Google Forms into Quick Key Quizzes. That means you can do a lot with Google Forms and the results, for example:
- See Forms submissions (and the item analysis by question) on your phone in the classroom, immediately.
- Export Forms results item analysis into Excel or PDF
- Send Forms results to PowerSchool
- Tag forms and form questions with state and common core standards tags
- Do anything you can do with a Quick Key Quiz!
Getting started with Google Forms Grader by Quick Key (beta)
- Step 1: Go to docs.google.com/forms or login to your Google Docs or Google Classroom and get thee to a new Google Form.
- Step 2: Click the little 3-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the Form screen, then scroll down to “Add-Ons”
- Step 3: Search for “Google Forms Grader” Quick Key’s Forms Grader should be one of just a few results. You’ll recognize it by the flying rabbit.
- Step 4: From here on out, you’ll want to watch the video. It takes about 30 seconds to turn a Google Form into a Quick Key Quiz. But my fingers are getting tired so … watch the video! I put captions in it for you in case you can’t hear or you like to watch things without the volume.