CAUTION: The modifications made here will be directly visible on the mobile app, this could impact or confuse your people and teams ❗️
Where to customise the status in the app?
Settings > Advanced Settings > Status
What is a "status", and what is it for?
Statuses give the possibility of categorising a contact. This allows you to supplement the information you have on that person by adding a status. You can determine what that person represents for your organisation.
- The goal is to allow you to group your contacts by status in order to carry out actions or communication. 🎯
- This gives you the main qualification for each contact
Exemple : Level of support => No Support / Uncertain / Supporter / Strong Support / Donor / Team member
How to modify the statuses?
From the creation of your account you have statuses suggested by default.
- To modify the titles, simply click on it, make your modification and Save ✅
- To add a status typology, you must click on "Add a subfield". You can also delete it by clicking on the X to the right of the line. ❌
- By clicking on "Add a field", you can add another way to categorise a person if you wish.
- It is strongly advised not to put qualifications of political affiliation or opposition.
❗️You can always go back by clicking on the "i" at the top of the screen, and select "return to default settings" ❗️
I am adding a status type and associating it to a contact.
- If you make changes in the statuses, don’t forget to adapt the category (Is it more of a support, voluntary or undecided type?)
These categories will power up the targeting of your campaign. 🎯
What about the mobile app?
You have the possibility, when adding a contact or modifying an existing one, to assign them a status.
The suggested statuses on the mobile app are chosen from the Quorum dashboard (web platform) from the moment you Save ✅
Any questions? We have answers! Contact support 😅