How is a door-to-door action carried out with Quorum? 🚪
💻 How to create a door-to-door action from the web platform?
⚠️ There are two methods of using door-to-door action:
• Carry out a targeted door-to-door action using the addresses in your contact database.
• Accomplish a complete door-to-door action based on a geographic area if you have not imported a file into your contact database, or if you want to target the addresses you have. You will then have a street list and you can add contacts directly from the Quorum app.
1️⃣ From the "Actions" tab
On the left of your screen, you have the option to "Create an action".
• Simply select the type of action, here "Door-to-door". You must then choose the zone in which you want the door-to-door to take place. Select one or more streets, or even more broadly, a city:
• You can also draw an area on the map where you want to conduct your door-to-door; This can be a polling station, a district, a micro-district, or even a geographic area (North, South…).
• ⚠️ Now is the time to decide which method you will use (see image on the right):
➡️ "the streets in which you have contacts": To conduct targeted door-to-door using the addresses of the citizens present in your contact database. You can then, directly on the field, qualify each meeting on your Quorum app.
➡️ "the streets in which you have no contacts": To have a roadmap of all the streets in this area. To carry out a complete door-to-door and add new contacts to your contact base.
2️⃣ From the "Map" tab
On the left of the screen, you can click on any part of your city.
• You can select one of these areas to initiate a door-to-door action in it. (You can choose to select the contacts in the area or simply the list of streets).
Click on the "Create an action here" button to enter the creation tunnel.
📲 How does this look on mobile?
Here you have the first 3 screens that the volunteers, mobilised for door-to-door action, will find:
• 1: The notification of the action in progress
• 2: The summary of the information to know to carry out the action (date, appointment...)
• 3: The roadmap with the number of contacts to visit. Just select a street to access the street numbers.
(The knock corresponds to a file in your contact database)
📲 Here is how it goes from there for a door-to-door volunteer:
Quorum is now used as a digital notebook for volunteers. All the tools you need for effective mobilisation are in one app! 🤳
• 4: You are at a specific address, just select the contact to start a discussion with them. The first question is used to mark the person as: Present, Absent, or Refuses to speak to you.
• 5: If you answered Present and you have the person's consent, you enter the discussion. It's time to be convincing in order to retrieve interesting information during the survey. (How to create a survey)
• 6: If the discussion went well, you will probably be able to qualify the contact card with an email address or a phone number. This information is extremely important for your HQ, and for the continuation of the mobilisation.
📲 And finally:
Here are the different screens that allow you to collect information from the field. They are optional, but if the exchange went well, take the opportunity to go further:
• 7: If you click on "Add Comments" you will have the following screens. Otherwise, you may go back on the roadmap to meet other people.
• 8: You can comment on the quality of the discussion to inform the HQ of how the exchange went. Did you manage to mobilise the person ... or not.
• 9: Seize the opportunity! Here, you have one of the most powerful parts of the app. You get to relay the information provided by the contact, both INSTANTLY and without risk of loss.
• If the person wishes to be contacted, do not miss this chance! 😉
"Complete an address"
Here are a few shortcuts available on the Quorum app.
• Just slide your finger on the street or number you are interested in to consider the whole street or number as "Completed".
• This allows you to take out of the door-to-door action certain addresses that are not accessible, for example.
• It could be used for a completely blocked building, or a partially finished street but that we do not wish to fully complete.
⚠️ Caution: If you create a NEW action, in which there is a street that has been declared as "completed" with this shortcut, this street WILL APPEAR in the new action!
Tips and Best Practices:
• Think of the Quorum mobile app as a digital notebook. Write down all the information gathered during a meeting in it.
• Depending on certain responses to the survey, status, or opportunities, it is possible that an automatic email will be sent directly after the interview. Remember to fill in the email address correctly. To know more.
• Be specific about the qualification of a person, it makes communication better and more personal.
• Prepare your action well in order to have all the elements of language and the plan you need before you get started.
• By clicking on "see questions" during the survey, you can skip one or more questions, or even go directly to the contact card.
• If a person does not exist at the address indicated, you can create a new file by selecting the ✚ at the top right of the screen. Some information will be available automatically (Number, street, territory, city).