While you can manually enter campaign recipients 1-by-1, we also allow you to bulk upload recipients using a .CSV (Comma Separated Values) spreadsheet.
STEP 1: CREATE THE CSV FILE
- Using spreadsheet software like Excel or Google sheets, create a new file with six (6) columns and enter the following header text in the first row of each column.
- first_name e.g. "Adam"
- last_name e.g. "Lee"
- email_address e.g. "email@example.com"
- mobile_number e.g. "0421445050"
- contact_consent e.g. "Yes" or "Y" or "No" or "N"
- external_crm e.g. "45353"
Note: You must use a CSV file with the same syntax as above including the exact column name spellings or the file may not upload correctly.
2. Add in your campaign reviewers list by filling the blank rows with your recipient data.
You can add an email address and phone number for the same recipient and both an email and SMS will be sent to that recipient, just make sure to put them under their own respective headers.
3. Save the spreadsheet as a Comma Separate Values (.csv) file
Note: If the value of the consent column for a recipient is entered as "No" or "N", Rainmaker will not send an email to them. This can be edited later in the Reviewer Table.
The completed file will look something like this:
STEP 2: IMPORT THE CSV FILE TO THE REVIEWER TABLE
- In the Campaigns section, navigate to the Reviewers tab for the specific Campaign
- Click CSV Import
- Click Choose File and search your device for the file created in STEP 1 (ABOVE)
- Click Parse CSV
- Click Import data
- Navigate to the Draft tab and check that your customer list has uploaded correctly