1. Our agency is already using Connect with Google, do we need to do anything?
Connect Google is an existing feature that is now part of the Google My Business integration.
If your agency is already using Connect Google, it will continue to function as normal – but you will need to go to Linked Accounts to activate all the new features.
2. What does it mean to connect my Google My Business page to our RateMyAgent page?
Connecting your Google My Business page with your profile gives your vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants (at an agency level) the opportunity to post their RateMyAgent review, Sales and Property listings on your Google My Business page, Google Search and sync with Google Maps.
3. What is a Google My Business page?
Google My Business is a free and easy-to-use tool for businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps.
By verifying and editing your business information (phone numbers, address, website etc.), you can help customers find you and allows you to read, respond and flag reviews from your customers (learn more here).
4. Why is it beneficial to have RateMyAgent reviews showing on our Google My Business page?
Reviews on Google provide valuable information about your agency to both you and your customers at the start of their journey. Reviews appear next to your agency listing in Google Maps and Google search results, and can help your business stand out on Google.
5. Where will these reviews show on Google?
Reviews appear next to your listing in Maps and Google search results, and can help you stand out on Google. RateMyAgent reviews that have been pushed to Google contribute to your star rating and total number of reviews too! (see below) RateMyAgent reviews scheduled in Social Media Manager will appear as a post underneath Google reviews, with links directly to the review.
6. How do the reviews get from my RateMyAgent profile to my Google My Business page?
The first step is to make sure your agency has connected your Google My Business page to their RateMyAgent profile.
After your client finishes leaving their review on RateMyAgent they’ll be prompted to share the same review with Google with just one click.
As soon as your client chooses to post their RateMyAgent review to your Google My Business page and publish it, the review will be live for you to read and respond to via your agency's Google My Business page.
You can also share your RateMyAgent Sales and Property Listing reviews to your Google My Business page immediately as a post, or schedule this in Social Media Manager.
7. Why aren't all my RateMyAgent reviews showing on my Google My Business page?
Like leaving a review on RateMyAgent, your client has the choice to post their review through to Google.
If you're keen to get all your RateMyAgent reviews on Google, why not tell them so in the custom message you send out in the review request?
Unfortunately there is no way for your review to automatically show up as a Google Review.
8. How long does it take for a review to be posted?
As soon as your client chooses to post their review from RateMyAgent to your Google My Business page, the review will be live for you to read and respond to via your agency’s Google My Business page.
9. How do I respond to reviews left on Google?
Reviews from your customers can provide valuable feedback and replying to reviews can help build your customers' trust. When you reply to a review, your response will appear below your customer's review on Google Search and Maps under the label "Response from the owner". People on Google will see both the customer review and your response when they look at your Google reviews.
You can reply to reviews directly from your RMA account with our Google Review Manager!
10. Can I remove a review from my Google My Business Page?
Reviews that violate the Google review policies can be flagged as inappropriate from your Google My Business account which will alert Google moderators.
Reviews posted on your agency’s Google My Business page can only be deleted or removed by Google Moderators.
Instructions on how to flag an inappropriate review that you find on your business listing can be found here.
11. How do I connect my Google My Business page from my RateMyAgent agency profile?
Connections between RateMyAgent and Google My Business can only occur within the agency dashboard.
- Go to the Linked Accounts in your dashboard
- Click on the Linked Accounts tab and select +Connect Account. Click on ‘Connect’ for Google My Business
- Click ‘Sign in now’ and enter your Google Account details. Can’t find, or don’t have one - create one here
- You will be requested to provide RateMyAgent access to manage your Google My Business listing. Click ‘Allow’ to continue.
- Select the Google My Business location you want to manage
- You have successfully linked your Google My Business account! You can start scheduling posts immediately.
Related article: How do I connect with Google?
12. How do I disconnect my Google My Business page from my RateMyAgent profile?
Simply head to your Google My Business settings page in Linked Accounts and uncheck Request Google reviews.
Clients will no longer have the option to post their Sales reviews or Leasing reviews from RateMyAgent to Google.
Any existing reviews that clients chose to post through to your Google My Business page will remain on the page and be visible in Google search results and Google maps.
13. I tried to create a Google My Business page and it says someone else (one of our agents) has registered the address. What do we do now?
If a Google My Business page has already been verified and you're authorised to manage the page, you can request ownership from the current listing owner.
Note this process may trigger Google to ask previously verified businesses to verify again. You’ll know you need to verify again if you see the message, “Changes to your business information require verification”. Learn more about verification here.
If a Google My Business page has been created but is unclaimed, simply click ‘Own this business?’ on the Google My Business listing.
14. What does it cost to connect my profile to my agency’s Google My Business page?
Any agency on a RateMyAgent Starter, Professional or Enterprise subscription has access to connect their Google My Business page with RateMyAgent.
To check your subscription or upgrade to unlock the Connect Google My Business feature head to the Billing Section in your RateMyAgent agency dashboard.
15. What happens if I move agencies, can I take my reviews off the Google page for my ex-agency?
As soon as a client chooses to post their review from RateMyAgent to an agency Google My Business page and publishes it, the review will stay with the agency.
Only reviews that violate the Google review policies can be removed from the Google My Business pages. Instructions on how to flag an inappropriate review that you find on your listing can be found here.
16. What happens to my connection with Google if my agency unsubscribes?
If an agency subscription is downgraded to a free account from any paid subscription the connection to the Google My Business page will be removed. Clients will no longer have the option to post their reviews from RateMyAgent to Google.
Any existing reviews that clients chose to post through to your agency Google My Business page will remain on the page and be visible in Google search results and Google maps. To check your agency subscription or upgrade to unlock Connect with Google, head to the Billing Section in your RateMyAgent agency dashboard.
17. How do I get support with our Google My Business page?
Check out Google's help resources on Google My Business pages here.
18. How do I add managers to our agency Google My Business page?
Adding managers of a Google My Business page occurs directly with Google, not RateMyAgent.
Owners of Google My Business pages can invite additional users to own or manage a page. When owners and managers are added, users share management of a page without having to share personal account information. Owners, managers, and site managers can all have different levels of access to the page.
Only owners can add or remove users. However, managers may remove themselves from a Google My Business account. Google Groups cannot be added as managers or owners of listings (learn more here).
19. How do my clients post their review on Google at a later date after they have posted a review on RateMyAgent?
Clients can post a review on your Google My Business page at a later date by going to your Google My Business Page and clicking the “Write a review” button.
20. Will all my old reviews be sent to Google once I'm connected?
No. Only new reviews will be pushed through to your Google My Business page. However, your client will be able to manually leave you a review by going to your Google My Business page and clicking the "Write me a review" button.
21. Does this work for leasing too?
Sure does! Agencies signed up to our Enterprise subscription will be able to Connect with Google for both their sales and leasing reviews. Simply connect and turn the leasing checkbox on!
22. Our agency has a Google My Business page for sales and a separate one for leasing. Can I connect them both?
Currently, an agency can only connect one Google My Business page to their RateMyAgent profile.
24. Why is it important to verify my Google My Business page?
Verifying your business listing helps ensure information is accurately displayed in Google Search and Google Maps and can help to improve your business ranking across Google. Verified business listings can access Google My Business features such as posts, upload photos, and reply to client reviews and messages.
For most businesses, verification means requesting, receiving, and reading a verification postcard from Google and can take approximately up to 14 days to receive. Learn more about the verification process here.
26. I manage several locations in my Google My Business page, how do I select the right location once I’m connected?
You will only be able to sign in and manage one location linked to your Google My Business page at a time. To change locations:
- Go to Linked Accounts in your agency dashboard
- Click on the Linked Accounts tab and select ‘Settings’ in Google My Business
- Click on ‘Manage your Google account and locations'
- Click ‘Remove’ next to the location you want to leave
- Click ‘Select’ next to the location you want to manage
27. How will RateMyAgent posts look on my Google My Business page?
RateMyAgent Sales and Property Listing reviews scheduled through Social Media Manager will display as posts on your Google My Business page. Posts appear in your business listing underneath your business description and display for six days before being archived.