In this article you will learn:
- What is a Condition
- How to create a Condition
- How a Condition can be used
Conditions are essentially Filters or Segments (depending on the Data Source).
Where do Conditions apply
Conditions can be applied to the following objects: Report, Section, Page, Widget (excl. Image, Shape, and Text), Column Set (also known as Metric Set), and Column (aka Metric).
Create a Condition
- On the right-side panel, click on “Manage” next to “No segment or filter”
- Choose a Condition or click on “Add one”
- Name your Condition and click on the "List" button
- Choose in the list the appropriate variable
- Set up the détails for your Condition and hit "Save"
- Once created, your Condition is automatically applied. You can remove it at any time by clicking on the “x” button.
You may use several Conditions simultaneously : for instance, if you have a “UK visitors” Segment and a “Mobile visitors” Filter, you can apply both in order to have Mobile visitors in the UK. You can also use Conditions to create Custom Dimensions, for more information please check Custom Dimension overview.