In this article you will learn:
- What is a Condition
- How to create a Condition
- How a Condition can be used
- How to merge conditions
Conditions are essentially Filters or Segments (depending on the Data Source).
Where do Conditions apply
Conditions can be applied to the following objects: Report, Section, Page, Widget (excl. Image, Shape, and Text), Column Set (also known as Metric Set), and Column (aka Metric).
Create a Condition
- On the right-side panel, click on “Manage” next to “No segment or filter”
- Choose a Condition or click on “Add one”
- Name your Condition and click on the "List" button
- Choose in the list the appropriate variable
- Set up the détails for your Condition and hit "Save"
- Once created, your Condition is automatically applied. You can remove it at any time by clicking on the “x” button.
You may use several Conditions simultaneously : for instance, if you have a “UK visitors” Segment and a “Mobile visitors” Filter, you can apply both in order to have Mobile visitors in the UK. You can also use Conditions to create Custom Dimensions, for more information please check Custom Dimension overview.
Merge your conditions :
In your organisation, it may happen that different users create the same conditions but with different names.
Therefore, in order to keep your organisation and reports clean, we have developed a feature that allows you to merge identical conditions.
We consider identical conditions when the following parameters are identical:
- Type condition
- Condition rules
How to merge the conditions ?
In the library, on the condition level, by clicking on the three horizontal dots next to the desired condition, you will find a button "merge similar condition" at your disposal.
Just click on it to merge all the identical conditions.
Congratulations, you have just gone from 150 conditions to 100 conditions in one click!