This article will help you to:
- Understand what the fastload is for
- How to activate the fastload
- Knowing the limits of fastload
- Learn about other Reeport initiatives to optimize loading times
What's the fastload for?
The time it takes to load reports is a key element in the adoption of new reporting and to improve the user experience. However, in the case of reports with large queries, the processing time of the different APIs can be long, without the Reeport Engine being able to do anything about it.
This is why we have developed the Fastload mode. The Fastload mode allows to launch the loading of a report between 3 and 5 am. Therefore, the report being saved in cache, and the cache of Reeport being mutualized between all users, as soon as the first user of the day connects, the report will already be preloaded and will appear in an almost instantaneous way.
How to activate the fastload ?
Fastload is activated at the report level, in the right panel, in the "Advanced Options" section.
Fastload has two main limitations:
- Pre-loading is only done on the initial state of the report. If a user decides to change the date or to activate filters, the loading time cannot be optimized by the Fastload.
- Fastload is not activated on all reports, to avoid preloading unused reports. However, feel free to activate it on all reports used within your organization!
Other Reeport initiatives to improve loading performance
The operation of Engine, the performance engine of Reeport, allows to go and query in parallel the different PLCs. This means that the multiplicity of sources in a report will not increase the global loading time, each API being requested independently.
2/ The shared cache
Backing up cached data is essential to optimize loading time. Indeed, once data has been loaded once, the results will be cached as long as they are valid. In addition, Reeport shares the cache between users. So, if someone else in your organization has already viewed a report with a particular date or filter, the results will already be preloaded for all users.
3/ Cache optimization
Reeport has also developed a cache optimization system based on the date range of the report. Thus, on a report based on a "Last Week" date, the results will be saved and shared in cache for all users throughout the week, unlike most other solutions that remove the cache on a daily basis.