This article will help you to:
- Save your widget as Template
- Generate widgets with your saved Templates
- Understand the usefulness of a Template
Understanding the usefulness of a Template
A Template is a widget, or group of widgets, already created, that you want to save using Reeport's "Save as Template" feature. This feature is very useful in many cases:
- You need to reproduce several times a widget or group of widgets on one or more reports.
- You have created a particularly complex widget and want to save it for later use.
Saving your widgets as a Template
To save a widget or group of widgets as a template:
- Create a widget.
- Right-click this widget.
- Click "Save as template"
- Give a name and a description to your Template if you wish then click on "Create template".
That's it, you've created your first Widget Template!
Note that you can also templatize a group of widgets.
Generating widgets with saved Templates
Once your Templates are created, you can use them on all of your organization's reports. To do this, you can do the following:
- Click on the first icon at the top left of your screen "Create a new widget from a template".
- Then choose the Template you wish to generate and click on "Create Widget". Your Widget will appear at the top left of your report.