This article will help you to:
- Understand calculated dimensions
- Create calculated dimensions
- Use calculated dimensions
Calculated dimensions are a new way to customize the display of your API dimensions. With rules you can fuse dimensions in a new one if they meet the requirements of the rule condition.
On this exemple we transform the dimension "ga:dayOfWeekName" in order to merge Saturday and Sunday and label them as "Weekend".
Here's the result in a simple table widget:
Create a calculated dimension
- Go to the Data Source tab and hit "manage dataset" for any data source of your choice.
- Under Calculated Dimensions, click on "Add one".
- Once your calculated dimension is created choose a dimension.
- Add a rule and build your conditions. You can also import a rule through a JSON file.
- Build your condition with one or several rules.
- Don't forget to name your calculated dimension!
Use a calculated dimension
From the builder mode, when creating your report, calculated dimensions simply show up in the same list with other dimensions.