This article will help you to:
- Find you Client ID, Client Secret, and Marketing Cloud ID (MID)
- Finalize the setup in Reeport
Finding your Client ID, Client Secret, and Marketing Cloud ID MID
Brace yourself as you go through the following steps!
- Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account.
- In the top right corner, select your user name to open the drop-down menu, and select Setup.
- On the left navigation pane, go to Platform Tools > Apps > Installed Packages.
- Click New to create a new package. Enter a name and click Save.
- Select your new package from the list of packages to go to its detail page.
- In the Components section, select Add Component.
- Select API Integration as your component type and click Next.
- Select Server-to-Server as your integration type.
- Give Read permissions to Email, OTT, Push, SMS, Social, Web, Documents and Images, Saved Content, and Journeys.
- Find your Client ID, Client Secret, and subdomain in the Components section of your package details page. After you create a new component, you will be taken to that page automatically.
- Make sure to take a note of your Client ID, Client Secret, and Tenant Subdomain (the third id in red on the screenshot above). You will need them when setting up your data source in Reeport.
- In your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account, find your Marketing Cloud ID (MID).
Finalizing the setup in Reeport
- Now go to Reeport Dataprep > Create Tap Config.
- Give a name to your tap, select the tap type "Salesforce Marketing Cloud" and choose the destination.
- Then, fill out the Tenant Subdomain, Client ID, and Client Secret. Then hit Save.
- You can optionally choose to activate several options, including (1) Enable scheduler and (2) Remove PII.
- Scroll down and hit Run discovery.
- Once the discovery is finished (1), return to your tap overview (2).
- You can now select the streams (aka data tables) you want to keep. Note that in the case of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, note that you made end up having A LOT of data tables available dues to what Salesforce calls Data Extensions. In our example, we are selecting List Send and Send only. Then hit Save.
- Scroll back down and hit Run tap.
- Once the run is finished (1), return to your tap overview (2).
- You may now go ahead and view, clean, or prepare your data in your selected destination before visualizing it in your favorite data visualization software.