Shopify is a webshop as a service provider. It is very easy to connect shopify to our platform, since both us and Shopify have a simple API to connect to.
The following must be done so you can actually see something in your Shopify store.
- You have one product P
- You have one order of that product P
- Product P has at least one variation with an SKU filled out
- You have refreshed the badges of product P, so you have at least the supply chain transparency badge
- Send us your Shopify store URL. It is something like
- We will send you a unique installation link shortly afterward, which you just paste in your browser. In order to install the app, you must have accept the following access requests of our application.
Once done the app will be installed and the following settings have to be done.
- Fill out and save the company API key. You find the API key in your retraced dashboard settings page.
- Then place the widget snippet as described wherever you wish to display it.
- You must enable the app next.
- Lastly, you can verify if the installation worked in the app itself.
Go to your store page of product P. You will see the widget where you have injected the snippet.
Widget Placement Guide
Our widget is best placed in first sight for the consumer. Our reason is simple: Consumer engage with it a lot. And we have proven it over several shops and several locations. Further, we conducted an A/B test to determine the engagement rate and the impact on buying behaviour. Let us show you the common locations for the widget.