Below are the possible reasons for your campaign denial:
Headline - Un-Approved Characters
- Inappropriate or improper punctuation in headlines such as repeated punctuation (???!!!) or symbols (-->, @, *, etc) are not allowed
- Periods and ellipses are not allowed at the end of headlines
- Headline - Misspelling(s)
- Headline - Capitalized Letters
- The first letter of all major words should be capitalized
(ex. The World’s Scariest Roller Coasters)
- Headlines and individual words cannot be in ALL CAPS
(exception: Acronyms such as NASA)
All words in the campaign headline must have correct spelling and grammar
Additional Headlines Restrictions
- No use of the word "shocking" or any of its derivatives
- No use of the word “trick” for nutraceutical, finance, or lottery offers
- No use of the word “breakthrough” relating to weight loss, diabetes, alzheimer's, or any other serious diseases
- No false, misleading, or deceptive claims of any kind. All statements made in headlines MUST be substantiated
Inaccurate Content Branding
Content branding must list either the landing page branding or the offer branding.
For brand name styling:
- The first letter of all major words must be capitalized
- The brand name should not contain symbols or punctuation (including dashes)
URL Does Not Resolve
A campaign must click through to a working landing page.
Ad Content/Landing Page Mismatch
Ad content must match your landing page.
(ex. Content about the world’s best travel destinations cannot click through to a lander about the best turkey chili recipes.)
The content type should match the setup of your landing page in order for it to deliver properly. Accepted content types are Article,Video and Mobile App.
- Image specs are 420 X 315 pixels (or an upscaled increment of that, following a 4:3 ratio)
- Images must fill the entire space allotted for creative (no white space along any sides)
- Image cannot have a border or partial border
- Image cannot have text in the creative
- Image cannot be blurry or pixelated
- Image cannot have animation or flashing
The image with white space around it would be not permitted
The image with the border would be not permitted
The image with text overlaying it would not be permitted
The blurry image would not be permitted; images should be high quality
The image with the animation would be not permitted
Additional Image Restrictions
- Zoomed in body parts
- Before and after images that imply results from a product
- Sexually implicit images of women
Adult/Inappropriate Ad Copy Headline/Image
- Implied or overt nudity
- Phallic shaped objects (in or near mouth)
- Body Paint images
- Images of people or animals with implied or explicit sexual activity
- Excessive cleavage or provocative positions
- Photo-shopping to enhance sexuality
- PDA (not aggressive and no groping)
- Vulgar or crude language
- Correctly fitting yoga pants
- Some undergarments (must fully cover and not be see through)
- Bikinis (must fully cover and be relevant to niche)
These images include a person in a sexually suggestive position are overtly sexual and are not permitted
This image suggests sexual activity and is not permitted
These images include phallic shaped objects, are sexually provocative or suggestive and are not permitted
Text Only Ads
An ad must include a campaign headline and related image that meets our Image Quality guidelines.
Excessive Content Submission
In order to expedite content approvals - Revcontent reserves the right to deny content for over submission within boosts and accounts. Best practice is to limit your creatives to five image/headlines per boost.
What happens if I violate this policy?
• Ad denial: Ads that don't follow this policy may get denied. A denied ad won't be able to run until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
• Domain disabling: We may suspend websites that violate this policy, meaning that the website can no longer be advertised with Revcontent until the problem is fixed.
• Account suspension: An account may get suspended if you have several violations or a serious violation. If this happens, all ads in the suspended account will stop running, and we may no longer accept advertising from you. Any related accounts may also get permanently suspended and your new accounts may get automatically suspended at setup.