This tool should not be used in tandem with an img conversion pixel
How S2S Tracking Works & the Benefits:
Unlike standard image pixel tracking, server to server (S2S) tracking, (also known as cookie-less tracking and post-back URL tracking), does not require any modifications to an Advertiser’s site or landing page code. Whenever a unique click to a campaign occurs, instead of using a cookie, Revcontent appends a unique ID (uuid) to the Advertiser’s destination URL, which is stored server-side. Once a successful conversion occurs, the unique ID (uuid), along with any conversion events, are sent back to Revcontent from the Advertiser’s server by way of post-back, and are matched to the user.
S2S is especially useful for mobile app tracking, where limitations with cookie placements are likely to exist. Additional benefits over standard pixel tracking include: greater reporting accuracy, increased security, and more opportunities for optimization.
S2S Tracking Request Structure:
Supported Methods: POST & GET
- api_key - your api access key
- uuid - unique ID (the "rc_uuid" value) identifying the user who initiated the click
- amount - value of each unique conversion
- user_ip - IP address of the user that initiated the click
- user_agent - user agent string of the user that initiated the click
This is the formatting for your Post-Back URL:
Ensure that all three of the Required Parameters are added in the above format and that the API Key and Conversion Value are both filled in. The UUID field should be left as it appears above.
After setting up your Post-Back URL your creative's destination URL will have the "rc_uuid" key name and "uuid" value automatically appended once a click occurs. This is the format of how it will append automatically to your URL following a click event:
Please note, the UUID will not append unless a legitimate click from a widget has occurred.
- If your post-back response is coming back invalid, ensure all 3 required parameters are being passed - 1) api_key 2) uuid 3) amount
- Ensure your API key is correct
- Have you manually added the "rc_uuid" key name to your tracking variables or destinations URLs? If so remove it, as this parameter will automatically be appended to your Destination URLs following a click event.
- Not receiving the "rc_uuid" value? If you’re using tracking URLs or redirects, please ensure you’re forwarding all parameters thru your tracker. Failure to do so will result in the parameter and value being dropped upon the initial redirect.
If you have double-checked all of the above and are still experiencing difficulties, please reach out to your account rep or firstname.lastname@example.org to troubleshoot your configuration further.