You can set a Chores Setting to decide how the allowance gets delivered when your child does not complete all of their allowance chores. To set this up:
- Go to your child's Chores list.
- Tap on the Settings cog in the top right corner.
- Select a Chores Setting
These are the options that you will see and what each one means:
- Give full Allowance: regardless of whether your child completes their chores or not, the full allowance amount will automatically be given.
- Give a Percentage: a portion of the allowance will be awarded to your child based on the number of chores that they have completed by the end of the allowance period. The percentage of chores completed is calculated, then this percentage of allowance is given, so if your child completes 8 out of their 10 chores they will receive 80% of the allowance amount. If their allowance was £5, they would get £4. Each chore is weighted equally.
- Don't give Allowance at all: if your child hasn't completed all of their chores they will not receive any allowance.
- I'll decide each week: if the chores haven’t all been marked as completed by you or your child, you will get a pop up on allowance day asking you to decide how much allowance you would like to give. This means that the allowance will not get delivered until you make a decision.