If you would like customers to be able to purchase more than 1 of something, add the Quantity field to your checkout page.
A quantity dropdown can be added to any checkout page. Just follow these quick steps...
- Click on the Products Tab at the top of your screen.
- Select the product you want to edit.
- Click on the Checkout Design tab.
- Scroll down until you see the Quantity checkbox next to Fields. Check this box to turn on the quantity selection field for your checkout page.
- Use the Max Qty box to set the maximum quantity your customers can order at one time. The max quantity is 10, by default.
- Click Save Changes at the top the page.
- Preview your checkout page, and you'll see the Quantity selection dropdown available. Customers can select any number up to the Max Quantity you entered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When someone buys more than 1 of my product, what happens to their Shipping & Handling costs?
A: You can customize the Shipping & Handling costs to provide discounts to customers who buy > 1 of your products. Check out the Shipping & Handling article for more info.
Q: Can I have my checkout page stop taking orders after I sell a certain number of my product?
A: SamCart does not currently allow you to turn off a checkout page after a certain number of items is sold. However, you may want to look at the Checkout Redirect article. Easily redirect visitors away to a new URL whenever you want. When you're ready to take orders again, remove the redirect. More information available in that article.
Q: Can I offer volume discounts for customers who buy a lot of my product?
A: There is not currently a feature in SamCart to provide volume discounts. But let our team know this is a feature you'd like to have! We'll add your vote to our big list we keep in the office!