From anywhere in your SamCart Dashboard click the Product button in your menu bar:
From your Products page, click either the +New Product box or the +New Product button in the upper-left-hand corner of your screen:
In the Create Product pop-up, set your:
- Product Name: The public facing name of your Products that will appear on your Product Page, Order Summary Page, Marketplace Emails, etc.
- Product Price: The price your customers will be charged upon purchasing your Product. If you'd like your customers to choose their own price, add a "+" at the end of the price (without quotes or a space). Click here to learn more about SamCart's Pay What You Want feature.
- Product Description: A tweet-length description of what you're selling.
- Product Payment Frequency: How frequently your customers will be charged. To charge your customers once, choose One-Time. For information on setting up a Subscription, Payment Plan, or Paid/Free Trial, reference this article.
When you're finished, click Create Product:
And your first SamCart Product is created! Easy, right? Now let's customize things a bit...
After your Product is created, you'll be immediately taken to your Product's Product Details tab. Here, you'll be able to edit the basic details of your Product such as its Product Name, URL, Price, and Product Image.
Let's briefly touch on some of the less obvious settings:
- Thank You Page URL: This is the URL you'd like to refer your customers to after they purchase this Product. Depending on your Purchase Completion? settings in your Marketplace Settings, this link will either appear as a button on your Order Summary Page or your new customers will be taken straight there after purchase. You can read more about this setting here.
- Tags: This field is used for organizing your SamCart Dashboard's Products page, not for SEO/marketing. You can learn more about the Product Tags feature here.
- Type: This setting relates to how your Product is delivered to your customers. All non-physical Products that don't require physically shipping something should be set to Digital/Service. If you select Digital/Service, you can then upload a file to your Product for delivery to your new customers via the Order Receipt Email/Order Summary Page. You can learn more about delivering digital files here. If you set your Product to Physical, you can then set Shipping & Handling charges.
Once you're satisfied with everything here, head to your new Product's Checkout Design tab:
Here, select a Template for your Product Page. These templates are all a bit different and mostly effect the look and feel of the checkout forms (where your customers enter their purchase details) rather than the custom content on your page.
To select a template, place your cursor over it and click the checkmark:
You can also preview the template by click the Eyeball button. Don't be afraid of changing templates after you've begun editing your page! It will NOT delete any of your existing work, and you can always switch back.
To launch the Content Builder so you can begin customizing your Product Page, click the following banner:
Once you're inside of the Content Builder you can begin dragging Content Blocks from the right-side of your screen over to your page itself on the left:
To learn more about the Content Builder and how you can use it to build the sales page of your dreams, check out this series of articles.