When you start a new board, you have to select which size canvas and orientation (landscape or portrait) you would like. This choice will affect the quality (resolution) of your end design.
Please note you can not change the page/canvas format once you've created your board.
You have the following canvas size options
- Web quality (lower quality of board suited for websites, ie smaller file sizes)
- Print quality (higher quality of board suited for printing or exporting, ie bigger file sizes)
- Canvas size 800 x 600 pixels.
- This means the file size will be small enough to share on the web, via email, Twitter & Facebook and other social media.
- But this also means you can not export your board to your computer or print it as the quality will be too low.
Print mode comes with two options:
- US paper size in standard letter format (8.5 x 11.0 inches) in both landscape and portrait orientation
- International paper size in standard A4 (210 × 297mm / 8.3 × 11.7 inches) & A3 (297 × 420mm / 11.7 x 16.5 inches) in both landscape and portrait orientation
The international A3 paper size is the largest canvas size and will produce the best exporting output.
Both of these "print" options enables you to print out your boards directly from the Creator and export your boards in higher resolution quality than those designed with the "web" page size.
If you've created a web quality board by mistake and wish to export it, you can easily save a lower-resolution file simply by saving it to your computer with the right-click method. Follow these steps.