What's a MAC address?
Simply put it's a mix of numbers numbers and letters that uniquely identify your device on the network.
How do I find it?
Many devices have this information printed on the case or box it came in. It's also usually pretty easy to find in the network settings or about page.
We have included a list of common devices below but given that software and hardware is constantly evolving we'd suggest a quick google search for "how to find mac address for apple tv 2" for example.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Select Settings. You should see the Wi-Fi MAC Address located in the Device Info section.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select About. In the About page, you should see your MAC Address (it might be listed as Wi-Fi Address).
- Go to System Settings.
- Tap on Internet Settings.
- Tap Other Information.
- Tap Confirm MAC Address. The MAC Address will be displayed on your screen.
- From the Wii main menu, select the Wii button.
- Select Wii Settings.
- From the Wii System Settings menu, navigate to the second page using the right-pointing arrow, and then select Internet.
- Select Console Information. The MAC Address will be displayed. (Note: Make sure to use ‘MAC Address’, not ‘LAN Adapter MAC Address’.)
Nintendo Wii U
- From the Wii U menu, select System Settings.
- Select the Internet icon and press the A button.
- Select View MAC Address. Your MAC Address will be displayed. (Note: Make sure to use ‘MAC Address’, not ‘LAN Adapter MAC Address’.)
You can find the MAC Address of your Roku device on the bottom or back of your Roku player (depending on the model).
SONY PLAYSTATION 3
- Power up the PlayStation 3 without a disk in the drive.
- From the PS3 main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information. Your MAC Address (Wi-Fi) will be displayed.
SONY PLAYSTATION 4
- Power up the PlayStation 4 without a disk in the drive.
- From the PS4 main menu, select Settings.
- From the Settings page, select System.
- From the System page, select System Information. Your MAC Address (Wi-Fi) will be displayed.
Sony PlayStation Vita
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- From the Settings screen, go to System.
- From the System screen, go to System Information. Your device’s MAC Address will be displayed.
- Sign in to your profile.
- Select My Games & Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network.
- Select Advanced Settings. The Wireless MAC Address will be displayed on the right-hand side of your screen.
- On your console, go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- If prompted, select GURegistered.
- Select Configure Network.