Service Templates can reduce repetitive work, increase efficiency, and assure accuracy when creating commonly used services. This article covers creation, maintenance, and use of Service Templates.
1. To manage Service Templates, head to My Account -> Service Templates. If you do not see this, you may not have access to manage Service Templates. A ServiceTrade Admin within your company may be willing to grant access, if business needs allow. Contact them for more information.
2. Once in the service template admin screen, you may perform many tasks:
- Create a new template
- Click the template name to view or edit template details
- The edit button has the same effect as clicking the template name.
- You can copy a template. "Copy of" will be inserted at the beginning of the name of the new template. This is useful for situations where you need to make a similar template with a slight tweak.
3. Click a Service Template name or create a new Service Template to be taken to the service template details screen. This screen is nearly identical to creating a one-time service. Fill out as much as you can about this service that will be relevant in many to most situations. You may also add items to a Service Template, assuring that certain items, such as a fee, certain filters, or labor, get added to any job that has a service which uses this template:
4. To use a Service Template, visit a location page and click "Create a New Service". Then. notice the option to use a template in the top right of the pop-up menu:
5: Any fields which have been filled out in the template automatically populate this new service. A complete Service Template will result in the user creating a service needing to only potentially select an asset.
Am I able to set the delivery window for service templates, like I am for a service?
- No. Templates are intended to provide information that is generally not going to vary. The delivery window (anytime in the month vs a more specific date) may vary depending on the customer and situation.
Is there a way to bulk-create or bulk-import Service Templates?
- There is not a way to do this currently. However, if you have a large number of existing service templates (or equivalent concept) that you would like to get imported into ServiceTrade, the support team might be able to create a script that can import them for you. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.