Once you have some money in your Sharesies Wallet, you can start adding investments to your Portfolio.
Before you place an order, read our blog post on what to invest in.
How to buy an investment:
1. Log in to https://app.sharesies.nz.
2. Select Buy in the menu.
3. Select the fund you want to buy—we’ll use NZ Bond (NZB) as an example.
4. At the top of the page, you'll see how much you have available to invest, and the cost per unit, as well as a description of the fund.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the dollar amount you want to invest in the field that reads 'Enter amount in NZD'. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to find out more info about the fund, then tick the box to acknowledge you’ve read it.
6. Add to cart.
7. Select the cart icon (top right) or select View cart.
8. Your order will show the shares you’re ready to buy. If everything is correct, select Buy. If you’ve changed your mind, you can delete the order by selecting Delete, or editing the amount invested by clicking on the $10.00 in the below example
We place orders at 12.30pm each day**. This is when the purchase price for the units you purchased will be locked in. Sharesies will buy you as many units as possible, up to your chosen amount. We’ll refund the difference to your Wallet. It will take up to two working days for the investment to settle and be added to your Portfolio.
** Note: If you make a purchase at 1.00pm then your order will be processed the following day at 12.30pm.