At Sharesies we have a base subscription fee that covers all investors and investing in funds. If you wish to invest in companies, there are transaction fees that apply for each order. Find out more below!
All new Sharesies investors get the first month of their subscription for free. After the first month, you can choose between an annual subscription or a monthly subscription.
Kids Accounts have half the price of an adult subscription. Find out more here.
If you choose an annual subscription, you pay $30 per year (no matter what your Portfolio value is). Anyone can choose an annual subscription.
If you choose a monthly subscription, you pay a subscription fee based on your Portfolio value (the total value of the investments you own plus the amount in your Sharesies Wallet) on your subscription renewal date. For example, if your subscription renewal date is on the 2nd July, your fee is based on your Portfolio value on 2nd July.
- If your Portfolio value is less than or equal to $50, there is no charge
- If your Portfolio value is between $50–$3,000, you will be charged $1.50 per month
- If your Portfolio value is more than $3,000, you will be charged $3 per month
- You can choose between an annual subscription or a monthly subscription.
- You can choose to pay your subscription fee with a card (debit/credit) or from your Sharesies Wallet.
If you decide you want to invest in companies, there are no changes to your Sharesies subscription fee.
When you buy and sell shares in companies, you’ll be charged a transaction fee based on the dollar amount of each order—these are also known as ‘brokerage fees’:
Here's how the transaction fees work:
- If you made an order of $30 into Company A. This includes a 0.5% transaction fee of $0.15. Meaning you invest a total of $29.85 into Company A.
- If you made an order of $3,000 into Company B. You’d be charged a 0.5% transaction fee of $15. Leaving you to invest $2,985 into Company B.
- If you made an order of $6,000 in Company C. This includes a $18 transaction fee. $15 for the first $3,000 (0.5% x $3,000), and $3 on the remaining $3,000 (0.1% x $3,000). Resulting in a total of $5,982 invested into Company C
- Transaction fees are charged per company ordered, not per Cart. So if you were to add orders for three different companies to your Cart, you’d be charged a separate transaction fee for each of those companies.
Please note that you're only charged transaction fees when you invest in companies and managed funds. ETFs don't have a transaction fee. Transaction fees are the same for both Market orders and Limit orders.
If you have any questions on the fees please send us an email at email@example.com.
When you invest in a fund, you are charged a management fee. These management fees are charged by the fund manager, not Sharesies, and are included in the unit price.
The management fees are a set percentage and are different for each fund. You can find info about the management fees for each investment option on the fund info pages, found on the fund managers websites:
There is no fee to top up your Sharesies Wallet with a bank account transfer.
To top up a Sharesies Wallet from a credit/debit card, or to buy a Sharesies gift, the card processing fee is 2.65% + $0.18. For your first ever Wallet top up (for a top up amount up to $100), we cover the card processing fee for you.
Using Market Depth is 100% optional. If you choose to use market depth, it costs $10 per month, and you get your first month free. You can read more about market depth and the fees here.