Gravity Forms is a premier Wordpress plugin that makes it easy to create powerful forms on the fly. Sheep integrates with your forms via Zapier a third party service designed to connect the apps you use, automate tasks & get more out of your data.
Sheep offers one Zapier integration free with standard packages. We will configure Zapier and maintain the integration for you. You (or your web developer) remain responsible for your website and the form configuration. This is a loosely coupled integration, it means that you remain free to modify your website at will without needing to coordinate with Sheep. (Talk to us if you want to add or change form fields.)
- Gravity Forms v1.7.5+
- WordPress v3.5+
Installing the Zapier Add-On
The Zapier Add-On can be installed from the Add-On manager within Gravity Forms in your WordPress Dashboard.
To install manually follow the directions below:
- Download the add-on plugin.
- Upload the plugin folder and files via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder OR upload the plugin zip file via the “Add New” plugin menu in WordPress.
- Activate the “Gravity Forms Zapier Add-On” plugin you just uploaded.
Setup the Zapier Add-On
After you have installed and activated the Zapier Add-On there is not much you need to do until you are ready to integrate a form with Zapier. There are no global settings or API keys that must be configured.
The Zapier Settings page that appears within the global Settings in Gravity Forms is only for uninstalling the Zapier Add-On and its associated data in your WordPress database. Zapier integration takes place primarily on the Zapier site itself and then from within the Form Settings of a form you would like to integrate with Zapier.
Create Your Form
The first step in integrating with Zapier is going to be creating the form you would like to use to integrate with Zapier. This can include existing forms. It's best for the form you want to integrate with Zapier to already exist so that when you integrate that form with Zapier the list of fields associated with that form are up to date when you are configuring your Zapier settings on the Zapier site.
Get the Webhook URL
Stop and contact us, we will create the integration and send you back the "Webhook URL" that your Gravity Form needs. You will need this URL before continuing.
Connecting your form to Zapier
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard if you have not already done so.
- Click on Forms under the Forms navigtion to view your list of Gravity Forms.
- Mouseover over the Form you would like to integrate with Zapier and then mouseover the Settings link that appears, it will then present you a list with specific drop downs. Click on the Zapier link.
- You can also access the Zapier settings by editing the form you would like to integrate with Zapier, moustover the Form Settings link in the Gravity Forms toolbar and the select Zapier from the drop down menu that appears.
- Once on the Zapier Form Settings page click the "Add New" button to add a new Zapier Feed.
- You will be presented with the interface to create a new Zapier Feed. Here you will enter the Zap Name, Webhook URL and configure any available options.
- The Zap Name can be whatever you would like it to be. It is used for you to identify what this does. e.g. "Sheep Booking Enquiry"
- The Webhook URL is the critical piece of the integration. Then past this URL in the Webhook URL setting in the Zapier Feed in Gravity Forms.
- You can then configure if this Zapier Feed is Active or Inactive or configure Conditional Logic that can be used to determine if and when this Zapier Feed is triggered.
- After configuring the Zapier Field you can then click on the Save Zapier Feed button and the Feed will be created.
Your form will now be configured. Please submit at least one test record then contact us again. We will check that we can read your test record and that everything is working properly.
These instructions are adapted from: https://www.gravityhelp.com/documentation/article/zapier-add-on/