1. Adhoc Email
This is when you want to send a note to a group of people using your regular email client.
- build the filters
- export to XLS
- copy email addresses into bcc field of email client
- compose and send
This is the simplest and most flexible method. It is not suitable for large numbers of recipients. (Steps 2 & 3 of this method will be replaced in a future version of Sheep)
2. Template Email
- write your template
- choose the recipient
- select what the email is regarding (e.g. a particular ticket, membership, donation etc)
- personalise (optional)
see Template Email
3. Automated Email
You have a template message with some variable elements that you want to send in response to a trigger. The email content is fixed and can't be edited on a case-by-case basis.
- write your template see 2. Template Email
- define the trigger events (these are then written into the software)
(automation pack required)
4. Email Campaign (MailChimp)
For sending a one-off template message to large numbers of people.
- Create new campaign in MailChimp
- Build the recipient list using data pushed from Sheep
Sheep is synchronised with MailChimp and any tags assigned in Sheep are available in Mailchimp. The synchronisation is automatic (3-4 times a day).