At Sheep we have always recognised that your data is yours. You should be able to get at your data at any time. Since the first version we have supported exporting your data as a CSV. Our newer export process gives your more options and brings in GDPR 'safety rails' to help you stay compliant.
New in 2019
- Address labels
- Bulk (templated) email exports available from May 2019
- Bulk SMS and print & post on demand are coming later in 2019
New Export Process
- Select your data set by building filters
- Click 'Actions' (you may need to hide the filters)
- The export modal will show you the first 4 records for a quick visual check (see below)
- Choose the export format (any greyed out options are not available on your plan)
- State the why you are processing/exporting this data (see GDPR section below)
- Record a note for this export
- Customise the fields, choose the export sub-format
- Click 'Create' to finish
Review your selection
The big changes in data privacy laws in 2018 was about much more than email. In 2019 email may still be king but we're seeing multi-channel communication strategies as an emerging trend. Email backed by SMS, social messages and good old post can be used together to engage your members.
The export process will ask you two GDPR questions:
- What's the purpose or reason for the export?
- What [communication] channel will you be using?
examples might be:
- fundraising campaign by post
- new membership cards by post
- offline data analysis (channel is processing)
If 'Export Purpose' is empty or missing options they can be added by your administrator in Settings > contacts > Processing Operations.
We know that your GDPR data may not be 100% accurate or that your records in Sheep don't cover all processing operations. The 'Bypass GDPR' option allows you to over-ride the GDPR safety rails and continue with your export. A journal entry is created with a record of each export and if the bypass has been used so that you can keep track of your GDPR compliance.