- Active - a current membership where the start date has passed but the end date is in the future
- Lapsed - a membership where the end date has passed
- Cancelled is for a membership which is terminated before the natural end. Lapsed is for a membership which has completed, where the end date is in the past.
- Future is for a membership which has not yet started, where the start date is in the future.
- Incomplete - a partially completed record with key information missing
- Pending - a completed record that requires manual activation (usually due to a missing payment)
We re-use the same terminology for a person (member). We look across all membership records to determine the status of a member (some organisation allow concurrent memberships).
- Active - a current membership exists
- Cancelled - the member has cancelled prematurely
- Lapsed - (ex-member) the person didn't renew their membership when it lapsed
- Future - isn't currently a member but will be when the start date of their membership passes
- Pending - a member who has not been activated
Sheep will add automatic tags to contacts to help with reporting.
- 🐑 auto-renew
- 🐑 auto-renew no-mandate
- 🐑 member
- 🐑 linked-member
- 🐑 multi-linked member (have more than 1 active linked membership)
- 🐑 multi-member (have more than 1 active membership)
- 🐑 qualifying member (active or lapsed and within grace period)