Filter and Query
Filters are useful when you want to transfer a selected subset of your data instead of an entire source sheet.
Why you may want to use it
- Keep your destination sheet small in size
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality by only transferring rows and columns that are meant for sharing with the destination
How to enable filter/query for a specific connection
- Open your Google Sheets sidebar Add-on or access the Web App interface
- If you are on the web app interface, from the left main menu click on Connections
- For the specified connection, click on the three dots next to the arrow and select the edit connection option
- Scroll down to step (3) "Settings".
- Select Filter by and click the checkbox "Enable filter to import only the data you need"
- Set up your desired filter. Choose from filter (easy) or SQL query (advanced)
- Save your changes and update your connection to start the transfer of filtered data
For filter and query examples, please see below.
Did this answer your question?