Given the concerns about coronavirus (COVID-19) before you set off to complete an essential check, read our guide to find out more about what jobs will be available and how to stay safe when doing essential checks: https://shepper.com/a-shepherd-guide-to-keeping-safe-during-essential-checks/
- Wash your hands
- Keep to social distancing rules
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and eyes
- Don’t go out if you feel unwell or if you’re vulnerable
- Plan and prepare
- Avoid public transport
- Wear a mask inside buildings or on public transport
We encourage you to follow these recommendations at all times:
Please do not complete checks if you are required to self isolate for any of the following reasons:
- You have covid symptoms
- You have had a positive Covid-19 test
- NHS Test and Trace instruction
- Household Covid exposure or symptoms
- Quarantine requirements
- Any other reasons outlined in Govt guidance.
- You are not permitted to travel due to local lockdown rules (please check here https://www.gov.uk/find-coronavirus-local-restrictions?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae)
You will not receive a strike if you cancel a check because of any of these reasons.
Wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands with liquid soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to disinfect your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Cover your cough or sneeze. Use a tissue to cover your cough or sneeze and throw the tissue in the trash, then wash your hands. If you don't have a tissue within reach, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
As always, if you feel uncomfortable picking up a job for safety reasons, you can choose not to accept or cancel the job if you have already accepted or started.