In this session we are going to cover creating your Microsoft Merchant Center Store within the Microsoft Advertising platform.
Creating a store in Merchant Center and the subsequent steps are required for creating Shopping campaigns.
So let’s get started.
- Go to Microsoft Ads and login to your account.
- Select Tools
- Select Microsoft Merchant Center
- Select Create Store
- Select the Domain Validation drop down.
You’ll have 2 options.
- Validated via Bing Webmaster Tools
- Validated via UET Tag.
Both options will yield the same result, but for today’s session we will select Validated via UET Tag. To use this option you’ll have had to setup a UET Tag and add to your website. See our other sessions to learn how to accomplish this.
- Select Validated via UET Tag
- Select the Destination URL
You may see multiple options, so select the URL that most closely matches your public website domain. Microsoft will not allow subdomains tied to other sites not owned by you such as your-website.myshopify.com
- Enter a description of your store (optional)
This is not not seen publicly so it is completely optional.
- Enter your store name
This is publicly seen in your ads and should match the name of your site, but feel free to leave off any extraneous business designations like LLC, Inc. or Corp.
- Select Yes for SSL Checkout, as you should definitely should have a secure checkout process.
- Leave the Block Aggregators unchecked unless you have a reason otherwise.
- Enter your contact information
You’ll want this to be accurate as this is how Microsoft Ads notifies you with issues in store and opportunities to improve your shopping campaign results.
- Select Save
Your store setup is now complete. We'll cover creating a catalog in another session.
Thats all for now.
Until next time, keep it simple, keep it fun, and keep at it.