In this session we'll cover creating a conversion goal in Microsoft Ads to work with your Shopify store. There are many types of conversion goals you may want to track but we are going to focus on the most important one: Sales on your website.
Now let’s get started.
- Login to Microsoft Ads.
- Select Tools
- Select Conversion Goals
- Select Create A Conversion Goal
- Name your conversion goal.
- Leave the default type to Destination URL.
- Select Next
- For Destination URL select Contains
- Enter: thank_you
- For Goal Category select Purchase
- For Scope, leave the default of only the Microsoft Account you are in.
- For Revenue Value, select Conversion action value may vary.
- Enter 0 for conversions that have no value.
- Select your default currency. It is best to select the one that matches your Microsoft Account and is also hopefully your primary currency on your store. This will keep the performance metrics in Microsoft Ads in the same currency and make for easier management of campaigns.
- For Count, leave the default of all, as you’ll want to track how many conversion come from the same person in a conversion window.
- For Conversion Window, I suggest the default 30 click and 1 day view, as most advertising platforms use this time frame and it will make it easier to compare Microsoft Advertising performance to your other advertising platforms.
- Select the UET Tag that you placed on your store
- Select Save