*This article is for Australian Sidekicks*
The way you receive your payment summary this year will be a little different.
With the recent introduction of Single Touch Payroll (STP) in Australia, the way you obtain information to lodge your tax return has changed. You can view more about this here. Please see below for three key points on this:
- Sidekicker will not be providing you with an individual payment summary.
- Your payment summary information for the Financial year 2018-19 will be called an Income Statement and is available for access through myGov.
- Lastly, the last payment for FY 18-19 will be for week ending 23 June to be paid out on 27 June. This means income statements should be ready by 1 July.
To lodge your return and view your statement you will need to:
- Log into your myGov account
- Select ATO online services
- Click on 'My Profile'
- Select 'My employment' and then income statement
Some other important notes:
- If you use a registered tax agent to lodge your income tax return, your agent will receive your income statement information directly from the ATO
- If you don’t have access to or cannot create a myGov account and don’t use a registered agent you can call the ATO on 13 28 61 and they'll be able to assist. You can also find online assistance with this here.
The introduction of Single Touch Payroll should make your tax return faster and easier than ever!
We can't provide any specific information about your tax or your payment summary, however if you have any concerns or issues that you believe we may be able to assist with, please get in touch via the blue Sidekicker chat bubble.