If you are injured while working on a shift with Sidekicker and you incur medical expenses, or have been advised by a medical professional to stop work, you may be entitled to claim workers compensation. 

How do I claim workers compensation in Victoria?

Step 1: Notify Sidekicker of your injury or illness as soon as possible using the ‘Report a workplace incident' button in the app. You can access this button by clicking on your profile picture. 

  • You must report your injury or illness within 30 days or you may not be eligible for worker’s compensation
  • If your injury or illness is the result of a motor vehicle accident, you must also report the accident to the police

When you report your incident, you'll be asked to complete an incident report form. If you do not have the Sidekicker app installed, you can complete that form here

Step 2: If you are unable to do your usual job, ask for a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity from your healthcare provider, such as your doctor, so you can claim weekly payments.

  • Keep copies of any invoices or receipts relating to costs incurred from your injury or illness

Step 3: Complete a Worker’s Injury Claim Form.

Step 4: Lodge your claim with Sidekicker by sending your completed Worker’s Injury Claim form to hr@sidekicker.com.au.

Please include:

  • Your Certificate of Capacity if you are unable to do your usual job and are claiming weekly payments
  • Any invoices or receipts for incurred medical expenses

Once we receive your completed claim form and supporting documents, we will submit your claim to our WorkSafe Agent.

The WorkSafe Agent is responsible for assessing your claim. The Agent will notify you in writing of its decision to accept or reject your claim within 28 days of receiving your claim from Sidekicker.

Who can I call for help or advice?

For more information regarding making a claim please visit WorkSafe Victoria or call WorkSafe’s Advisory Service on freecall 1800 136 089 or contact your union.

Did this answer your question?