We've spent alot of time thinking about the end-to-end VR & AR production process and we designed Sketchbox so that your entire team works together effectively.
Sharing & Collecting feedback from Clients/Stakeholders
Not comfortable with VR
For people who are not comfortable with VR our customers have found in-person demos to be the most effective. If you schedule an in person meeting and use presentation mode you can step your client through your prototype/storyboard. Since their controls are disabled they won't be able to mess up the scene or 'make a mistake'.
Very comfortable with VR
When people are comfortable in VR, you have more options:
- If they have a Rift/Vive/Windows MR headset and have Sketchbox installed, you can send them the project file. They can open the project file and make annotations, or resize elements in the scene and send it back to you.
- You can also upload Sketchbox scenes and create a shareable URL that works on any device, or VR headset, including mobile. See below.
Sharing Sketchbox Files via Sketchfab
Export your Sketchbox scene as an FBX (see below) then upload the FBX to Sketchfab for free. Please refer to Sketchfab here.
Sharing Sketchbox Files (.SBD) with Other Sketchbox Users
Learn about how Sketchbox saves files here.
To share a Sketchbox file with another user, send them your .SBD file. They should put the SBD file in their %USERPROFILE%/Documents/Sketchbox folder. Then they'll be able to load that Sketch from within Sketchbox.
Handoffs between Design and Development
Once your design team is happy with the prototype/storyboard that they created with Sketchbox, they can export each Sketchbox scene as an FBX file. Your development team can open the FBX files with Unity, and use the FBX files as a 'skeleton' to build on top of. The FBX export from Sketchbox will tell your development team everything they need to know - including what objects are in the scene and how big they are.
Exporting Sketchbox scenes to FBX
- To export, open a scene and tap “Export”.
- An FBX file will be generated in your %USERPROFILE%/Documents/Sketchbox/ folder. You can open the FBX with your favorite game engine, or modelling tool.
- To export multiple scenes, open each scene then tap 'export'. Each scene will be exported as a new FBX file.