SmartVault integrates directly with Intuit's Lacerte or ProSeries tax applications, and appears as a print destination. You must grant SmartVault access to Lacerte and/or ProSeries in order to connect them.
Connecting Lacerte and/or ProSeries to SmartVault gives SmartVault read-only access to Lacerte/ProSeries client data.
Note: SmartVault supports Intuit ProSeries 2013 and Lacerte 2013 and later versions. SmartVault does not support integration with Intuit ProSeries Basic tax application.
Connecting Lacerte and/or ProSeries to SmartVault
1. After installing SmartVault, double-click the SmartVault Launchpad icon.
2. Click Sign in in the upper right hand corner.
3. Enter your email address and password and click Sign In.
4. As the Launchpad opens, additional windows appear depending on the Intuit software you have installed. Click Grant to allow SmartVault access to your installed Intuit programs.
5. When you open the Lacerte or ProSeries print window, you will see SmartVault listed as a print destination.