When you work with documents in the Connected Desktop, you can first locate the client you are looking for and then search for files or folders in that client's vault.
Searching for a Client in the Connected Desktop
1. In the search field, enter your client's first or last name.
Note: Your list filters as you type.
2. Click the x icon to clear the search field and display all clients again.
Using the Quick Search to Find a Client
Alternatively, you can use the quick search to find a client.
1. Click within the Client List to make it active.
2. Begin typing the letters in the client's last name.
For example, if you are looking for Carl Sagan, type "Sagan" until the client record for Carl Sagan becomes active.
Searching for Files or Folders in a Client's Vault
Folder structures will vary depending on your plan (tax or non-tax) as well as the engagements you have selected. While the functionality is the same across both plans, the screens below apply to a tax accounting plan.
To search for files or folders within a client's Vault:
1. Click on a client to open that client's vault in the Document View.
2. Right-click anywhere in the Document View and select Find. The Find tool opens in the Document View.
3. Enter any text to start your search. Your search results automatically display as you type.