You give your clients access to your SmartVault account so they can download tax return documents or upload their source documents.
Each of your clients will each have an individual vault in SmartVault. They can only view and access folders within their own vault.
When deciding when to invite clients to SmartVault, consider the following:
- You might want to invite all your clients at once when you set up your SmartVault account.
- You can also invite clients when you are collecting source documents (such as W-2s) so that your clients can upload those documents directly to the Client Source Documents folder.
Note: You can also remove a client's access to SmartVault at any time. For more information, see Removing a User's Access to SmartVault.
Inviting Clients from the Portal
To invite one or more clients to your account from the Portal:
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Click Clients.
3. Select the clients you want to invite, and then click the Invite Client icon.
Note: If your account contains more than 50 clients, you will need to navigate to the next page of clients to continue inviting additional clients.
4. You are prompted to confirm that you want to invite clients. Click OK.
5. Review the confirmation message, and then click Close.
Inviting Clients from the Connected Desktop
1. Open the Connected Desktop.
2. Right-click on the client you want to invite and select Open client in Portal. Your browser displays the Client Info page in the Dashboard.
3. Click the Invite Client icon at the top left of the screen. A status window informs you if the invitation was submitted.
4. Click Close.