You can use the Connected Desktop to send files to clients three ways: via Send link to, Email link to, and Mail Recipient.
When you send a file, SmartVault uses your default email application. This email will include an automatically generated subject, message, and link to the file in the SmartVault Portal. The email address will automatically fill using your client's email address.
Sending a File from the Connected Desktop
1. Open the Connected Desktop.
2. Locate the file you want to send to your client.
3. Right-click on the file and select Send to.
3. Select one of the following ways to send the file to the client:
- Send link to
- Email link to
- Mail Recipient
Sending a File Using the Send Link To Option
If you choose this option, the following window appears:
1. Enable the checkbox next to the name(s) to which you want to send the file.
Note: Enable the Select All checkbox if you want to send a link to the file to all the names displayed.
2. Enter a personal message (optional).
3. Click Send. The file is sent to the names selected.
Sending a File Using the Email Link To Option
If you choose this option, SmartVault creates a new email using your default email application, and automatically fills in the email address stored for your client.
The message will include an automatically generated subject, message, and link to the file in the SmartVault Portal.
Sending a Password-Protected File Using the Mail Recipient Option
You may need to securely send a document to someone who has not been invited to your SmartVault account.
From the SmartVault Connected Desktop, you can send password-protected PDF files via your computer's default email client.
Note: You cannot use Gmail or any other browser-based email service.
For more information about sending a password-protected file, click here.
1. Click Send.
2. Enter a password for the file.
Note: You will have to provide this password to the recipient.
3. Click OK. The PDF is attached to an email in your default email program.
4. Enter the email address(es) for your recipient(s) and click Send.