You may want to give guest users access to the SmartVault Inbox for any of the following reasons:
- A guest user wants to scan and upload documents using a Canon CaptureOnTouch scanner, Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, or a TWAIN-compliant (regular) scanner with the SmartVault Inbox.
- You can troubleshoot a Reckon or QuickBooks company file issue for a guest user using the SmartVault Inbox to quickly transfer the Reckon or QuickBooks company file back and forth.
- A guest user wants to upload a Reckon or QuickBooks company file for you to review only a few times a year, but does not need to perform any other tasks.
- A guest user needs to upload a large file into SmartVault but is having trouble getting the large file to upload through the SmartVault Portal.
Downloading and Installing the SmartVault Desktop Software
If your client is a guest user in your account, they can download the SmartVault desktop software.
If your client is not a guest user, they can download the SmartVault desktop software from the SmartVault Portal:
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Click the profile icon on the top right of the screen.
3. Under SmartVault Apps for, click MS Windows.
4. Click Download SmartVault for Microsoft Windows.
5. Run the SmartVaultSetup.exe that has been downloaded to your Downloads folder.
6. Click Yes on the security warning that opens.
7. Follow the prompts on the SmartVault Install Wizard.
8. Accept the Terms of the license agreement and then click Next.
9. Choose the default product install path and then click Next.
Note: This should be located in your C:\ drive.
10. If you want to create desktop shortcuts for the SmartVault Connected Desktop, SmartVault Launchpad, SmartVault Portal, and the SmartVault Inbox on, select the Create desktop shortcut checkbox for each item you want to create a desktop shortcut for, and then click Next.
11. Click Finish to complete the installation.