If you accidentally delete or overwrite an article or folder, don't panic! All SmartVault plans include version history and the recycle bin.
You can always restore a deleted file or folder from the recycle bin.
Restoring a Deleted File or Folder
To restore a deleted file or folder:
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. Go to the vault or folder that contains the file which was deleted.
3. Click the Container properties icon.
4. Click the Recycle Bin tab.
5. Enable the checkbox next to the items you want to restore.
6. Click Restore.
Recycle Bin Permissions
To have access to the recycle bin, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are a member of the SmartVault Administrators group.
- On a Tax Plan, you are a member of the Employees group.
- You are a member of the Vault Managers group or the Full Access group for the vault where the deleted folder or file was located.
- You have create permissions for the folder that contained the deleted document or for the parent folder that contained the deleted folder.