SmartVault Administrators have full access to their SmartVault account. Only SmartVault users assigned a user license can be an Administrator. Users with a client or guest license cannot be Administrators.
SmartVault Administrators can perform the following actions:
- Manage all vaults, folders, and documents in the account
- Share vaults and folders with other users, clients, and guests
- Add and remove users from the account
- Add QuickBooks or Reckon Accounts company files to SmartVault
- Custom-brand the SmartVault account
- View user activity in vaults and folders
- Manage billing
- Upgrade the account
Note: Additional Administrators cannot remove the main Administrator from the account, and you can remove them at any time.
Adding an Additional Administrator
1. Sign in to the SmartVault Portal.
2. From the Advanced view, select the SmartVault account you want to make the user a member in the left pane.
3. In the right task pane, under Account Tasks, click Manage Administrators. SmartVault displays a list of users who are currently members of the SmartVault Administrators group.
4. Click Add Member.
5. Choose one of the following:
- If you want to add an existing account user: Enable the checkbox in front of the existing account user’s name, and then click Add Selected Users.
- If you want to add a new user who is not a member of the SmartVault account: Click Invite User Not in List. Specify the user’s email address, add an optional personal message, and then click Send Email.
SmartVault sends an email notification to the new user you just added to the SmartVault Administrators group. When the user clicks on the link in the email, they are prompted to create a SmartVault user ID.
Once they create their SmartVault user ID, they are automatically signed in to SmartVault as an Administrator and can begin managing your account.