The SmartVault Outlook plug-in is a handy tool to have if you use Microsoft Outlook for Windows. The SmartVault Outlook plug-in makes it easy to securely share and manage your files. Outlook helps ensure you stay in compliance with stricter federal and state laws dealing with email data security.
Note: The Outlook plug-in is not available for Mac users.
For more information about the Outlook plug-in, see The SmartVault Outlook Plug-in. [link]
Downloading and Installing the Outlook Plug-In
Note: If you are reinstalling the plug-in, ensure that you first uninstall the current version.
1. Download the installation file.
2. Ensure that Microsoft Outlook is closed.
3. Run the setup.exe file.
4. If a security warning message appears, click Run.
5. Click Accept.
6. Once the progress bar is complete, click Close.
7. From Outlook, open a new email and click the down arrow under the Send Link button.
8. Click Setup and enter your SmartVault email address.
9. Click Get Pin. The SmartVault Client portal displays. You may need to log in.
10. Click Allow.
11. Copy the PIN number and paste it into the field in the User ID Setup window.
12. Click OK.