The sound design of your robot was made by our partner Manglemoose, a team of audio experts in Utrecht. They studied how sounds affect sleep and found the ultimate sounds that make you sleepy and help you relax. Want to know more about the sounds your Sleep Robot makes? Read this article on the sounds of the Sleep Robot:
4.1 How to operate the sound settings
Everyone has a different taste in music. Since music and sleep are such personal experiences, we decided to let you choose your own sounds, together with the breathing rhythm that works for you.
We created playlists with music and sounds that are proven to help you calm down and relax. The music was created together with Manglemoose. Browse the meditation music, nature sounds and try it out.
To change the music, go to the sounds settings in the app. First select your programme through the ‘Home’ tab. Then browse, pick and save your favorite music and sounds. You can also set the duration of how long you want the music to keep on playing.
Turning off the music
Do you want to turn off the sound altogether? You can easily do this in the app. Select a programme and turn of the sounds with the switch, then click ‘Save’.
4.2 How do I add my own sounds?
For ultimate personalization, it’s also possible to add your own music. Watch the video below to learn how to do this, or simply follow these steps:
- Take the microSD card out of your Sleep Robot
- Put the SD card in your computer, laptop or a SD card holder you can insert in your PC or laptop.
- Find the folder ‘USER’ via SOMNOX/MUSIC/USER
- Add your own sounds to the ‘USER’ folder. Make sure they are mp3 files and that the names of each file doesn’t exceed 70 characters.
- Put the SD card back into your Sleep Robot
- Turn on your Sleep Robot
- Connect your device with the Sleep Robot through the mobile app
- Select your programme under the tab ‘Home’ and then go to the list with music and sounds
- Scroll all the way down and click ‘Sync SD card’
- Your own music will be added to the list
- Select your own sounds, click ‘Ready’ and ‘Save’ and start listening to your own music on your Sleep Robot!