Spriggy is a practical financial education company that helps parents teach their kids about money. Spriggy provides a prepaid card for kids (aged 6 to 17 years old) and a mobile app that parents and kids use together to help teach them the concepts of earning, saving and responsible spending. Young people can use their prepaid card to make purchases online or in-store – anywhere that Visa is accepted. In a digital age, where money is less tangible than ever, Spriggy offers the future of financial education. The company launched in late 2016 and already has over 100,000 members with over 250 parents and kids joining every day!
Our mission is to help Australians have happier and healthier relationships with money.
- Fast, easy setup – Get up and running in only a few minutes.
- One app, separate logins – A secure app with separate logins for both parents and kids to manage the same Spriggy Card. Parents can manage and load money for multiple children through one app and young people can manage money themselves with the tools built for them.
- Instant loading – Parents can instantly load money from their debit card onto their child’s Spriggy Card, meaning your child will never be without money in an emergency.
- Monitoring spending – Instantly check balances and monitor transactions and get Spriggy Alerts by text when a transaction is declined due to insufficient funds or security reasons.
- Card lock – Simple card lock function both young people and parents can use directly from the app to block all purchases if a Spriggy Card is lost or stolen.
- Automatic transfers – Set up an automatic monthly allowance via the Scheduled Pocket Money to encourage budgeting, saving, and responsible spending.
- Spending limits– Spriggy prepaid Cards have in-built spending limits up to $1,000.
- No overdrafts – Young people can only spend the money that’s been loaded onto their Spriggy Card - it is NOT a credit card.