How it works
- Visit our website and sign up for an account if you haven't already (it only takes a few minutes).
- Once you've signed up on our website - your card(s) are in the mail!
Please allow at least 2 weeks before you expect to receive them in the post.
- Next, Download the Spriggy app for iOS or Android.
- Login to your Spriggy account using your mobile number OR email address.
*Note* The one you used to sign up on the website.
- Follow the setup task list to complete your Parent and Child profile.
- Link your debit card or bank account to your Spriggy account.
- Transfer funds to your Parent Wallet (Debit = 30 min, Bank = 3-4 business days).
- Activate your cards when they arrive in the post.
- Transfer funds to your Parent Wallet to your child's Card (spending) or Pocket Money (savings - it should appear in their Spriggy almost instantly)
- Now your child is ready to start using their new Spriggy Card to make purchases in store or online; anywhere Visa is accepted.
*Note* They must use payWave or the CREDIT option when using EFTPOS to make purchases.
Parent Wallet - A place in the app where funds are only visible to the parent but not the kids. Parents can add funds to their Parent Wallet via their linked debit card or bank account. The Parent Wallet is a virtual Visa card, which only allows transfers to and from the child's card. Currently, Spriggy only allows for one payment method to be linked to the Parent Wallet, but we are working on this.
Spriggy Card - The funds here are visible to the child and are spendable in-store or online, anywhere Visa is accepted. Parent's are able to view transactions on their child's Spriggy card and lock/unlock the card from within the app.
Scheduled Pocket Money - An option that allows parents to set up a recurring transfer to their kids on a weekly or fortnightly basis. The funds can be deposited on the child's Card for immediate spending or Pocket Money for saving. Please note: This transfer does not debit funds from your linked bank account, it allocated funds from one section of the Parent Wallet to another, so it is critical that there are sufficient funds in the Parent Wallet by the scheduled pocket money day.
Savings and Goals - These are areas of the Parent Wallet where your child can hold their savings or set specific savings goals. Funds in these areas are not spendable - only funds available on the Card can be used for purchase. Once a goal is set up, the only way to spend the money within the goal is to complete the goal or delete it.