Note: This feature is only available on the Pro and Studio plans.
Once you've created a sales gallery, you can upload photos into it. There are two ways to upload photos into a gallery:
- Drag-and-drop the images from your computer onto the "Photos" section of a gallery, and the upload will begin.
- Click the "Upload Photos" button, navigate to where the photos are on your computer, and click the "Open" button.
Once you've started the upload, the upload modal will show you the progress. Feel free to minimize this modal by clicking the "Minimize" button and carry on using Sprout Studio as the upload continues. Be sure to not leave Sprout Studio or refresh your page, however, as this will cancel the upload.
When the upload is finished, the minimized modal will show a green bar. You can open the modal back up and click the "View Gallery" button to be taken back to the gallery edit page.
Why am I getting failed uploads?
When uploading photos, there are three speeds at which you can upload:
- Slow, which is the option you should use if you have an intermittent or slow internet connection.
- Normal, which is the option you will most likely be using.
- Ultra, which is only to be used if you have a very fast internet connection.
Go to Settings > Account > Preferences to change your upload speed in the "Gallery Upload Mode" section. If you find that you have errors during upload, it's usually an indication of the upload trying to go faster than your internet will allow for. Try choosing the speed setting below the one you're currently set to and you should see less errors.
Should I resize my photos before uploading?
Resizing your photos before uploading them will speed up the upload and count less towards your storage/usage count. If you plan on offering digital downloads and would like to offer a high-resolution download, we recommend resizing your photos to 5000px wide before uploading them. If you are not planning on offering digital downloads, we recommend resizing your photos to 2400px wide before uploading them.