Note: This feature is only available on the Pro and Studio plans.
Sales Galleries mimic the process that photographers use for in-person sales with the convenience of an online gallery. One of the greatest benefits of in-person sales (and what a sales gallery offers) is the emphasis on wall portraits, and the ability to show your clients their photos on their own walls.
There are two ways for your clients to preview their photos on their walls:
- You can upload rooms for them to use as a starting point.
- They can upload a photo of their own room while viewing their sales gallery.
How to upload rooms for your clients to view their wall portraits on
You can upload rooms for your clients to use as a starting point for viewing their wall portraits. This could be a generic "stock room" you upload, or it could be an actual photo of a room in your client's home they've indicated they'd like to display their photography on (recommended).
There are two ways to upload a room into a sales gallery:
- To upload generic template rooms that you can use over-and-over again in several sales galleries, go to Settings > Galleries & Albums > Sales Galleries > Sales Gallery Rooms. Once you've uploaded a photo, click the "Add Room" button in the "Rooms" panel while editing a sales gallery and choose the "Room Library" tab at the top of the modal to choose a room you've previously uploaded. Note: There are 21 rooms that we've made available for free for you through Sprout Library. Click the "Sprout Library" icon while in settings to copy them into your account.
- To upload a specific room into an individual sales gallery that will not be available for use in other sales galleries (recommended for photos for your client's actual room), click the "Add Room" button in the "Rooms" panel while editing a sales gallery and choose the "Upload Room" tab at the top of the modal.
After uploading room (both in settings and in a sales gallery), you'll be asked to calibrate the room, where you specify the length, width or height of some object in the room to use for scale. When you calibrate a room, your client can view their wall portraits sized appropriately on the wall (i.e. so a 30x40 is sized to be a 30x40 on the wall).
How your client uploads a photo of their own room while viewing their sales gallery
While your client is viewing their sales gallery, they can upload a photo of their own room to view their wall portraits on. While on the "Room View" step, they can click the "Swap Room" button. Here, they'll have three options to choose from:
- Chosen, which is where they can choose from the rooms you've specified in their sales gallery.
- Other, which is where they can explore other rooms you have available (to manage these, go to Settings > Galleries & Albums > Sales Galleries > Sales Gallery Rooms).
- My Rooms, which is where they can upload their own rooms.
If your client chooses to upload their own room, after they've uploaded it, they'll be asked to calibrate the room. This is where where they specify the length, width or height of some object in the room to use for scale.